How to Activate the Tableau® Connector for ADP DataCloud
Try the free edition of the Tableau® connector for ADP DataCloud today. Getting started is simple — just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Subscribe to the free edition.
- Click the “Try the Free Edition” button at the top of this page to activate the connector. If you are already subscribed, go to Step 2.
Step 2: Copy the URL.
- After you’ve successfully subscribed, copy this URL: https://data-mashups.adp.com/adp-datacloud.html
Step 3: Paste the URL in Tableau®.
- Open Tableau® on your desktop and select Web Data Connector from the left-side navigation. Paste the URL copied from the previous step and hit Enter.
Step 4: Log in to ADP and choose your metrics.
- You will now be presented with the ADP login screen. Log in using your ADP credentials and choose your metrics on the following screen.
Step 5: Visualize your real-time HCM data.
- Click on Proceed to Tableau® to transform data or to create graphs and reports in Tableau® using real-time ADP Analytics metrics.
Tableau® Connector for ADP® DataCloud connects with ADP Datacloud metrics to push metric data from ADP to Tableau® desktop software running on ADP client’s computer. This is a real-time integration and helps practitioners to mash up data and create reports and visualizations in Tableau® desktop software using ADP metrics.
ADP Applications Integrated
- ADP Workforce Now®
- Read data from ADP
- Data connector
Data sync frequency
- The following fields will flow through from ADP to Tableau® desktop software on ADP client’s computer to create reports and visualizations in the Tableau® desktop software:
Employee details/chart details
To use the Tableau® Connector for ADP® DataCloud, you must have a subscription to ADP DataCloud Enhanced Insights and use the latest version of Tableau®.
Data Export to Tableau®
The connector enables you to control the metrics you'd like to export to Tableau®, keeping your analysis focused. Choose from HR, recruiting or payroll metrics.
Real-Time HCM Data
Create graphs and reports in Tableau® using real-time ADP Analytics metrics.